537 S. Green St.
Henderson, KY 42420
|Business Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (270) 830-8400
1-888-989-8400 (Toll Free)
Fax: (270) 830-8262
General Info: email@example.com
Office Manager for the Children’s Advocacy Center
of Green River District
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 22, 2017.
Office Manager Job Description
|Position Title:||Office Manager|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
Grants management, including preparation of reimbursement requests and tracking of program expenses to appropriate funding sources, is a primary focus. The coordinator will also provide general office support to the Children’s Advocacy Center through assumption of secretarial, reception and other associated activities. The coordinator will represent the Center and its mission through public relations roles that may include community education and speaking engagements.
- Using a computer-based bookkeeping method, detailed records of income and expenses will be maintained according to each program, and tracked to each funding source.
- Monthly and quarterly requests for reimbursement by funding sources will be prepared according to grant requirements and reporting deadlines.
- Identification of new funding sources and assistance in grant writing activities.
- Active assistance in representation of the Center and its mission by participating in the delivering of educational presentations to community groups and acting as a guest speaker.
- General office assistance to staff through secretarial functions as needed, including assembling of training manuals, educational packets, and other associated activities.
- Performance of general reception duties, including answering the telephone, receiving visitors to the Center, and associated tasks.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
Requires the ability to hear, see, talk, read, and write on a constant basis;
Infrequent lifting up to 15 lbs.;
Operation of a motor vehicle.
Working Conditions / Environment:
Works in a clean, well-lit, temperature controlled environment;
May be exposed to child clients who lack in hygiene, including exposure to head lice;
May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and solvents during routine maintenance procedures of the Center.
Tools / Equipment:
Operate computer keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and fax machine on a daily basis;
Other office equipment such as a laminating machine and typewriter are frequently used;
Operate Center security system.
Interpreting and understanding funding and grant requirements and standards, including national and local sources.
Analyzing and recording data.
Advise and support volunteers.
Prioritization of work according to deadlines and other agency demands.
Identifying and assessing program, client, and volunteer needs.
A minimum of 2 years administrative experience preferred.
Must demonstrate good familiarity with computers, including a variety of software programs.
Previous experience in a nonprofit organization, familiarity with child abuse and its associated issues, and exposure to fundraising/grant writing activities preferred.
Position requires sensitivity to the diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds of clients and the community.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
|Our Mission:||To promote the prevention of child abuse and family violence in all its forms, and to promote interagency collaboration to improve community services for child abuse victims and their families.|
|Membership:||Membership is open to all concerned persons.|
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Green River District is an Associate Member of The National Children’s Alliance in Washington, DC.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Green River District is one of 15 designated centers in the state of Kentucky and is a full member of The Kentucky Association of Children’s Advocacy Centers.
The Children’s Advocacy Center is a nonprofit organization
that relies on federal and state funding sources, and the
support of its community and local business.